Rent collection Service
- Advertise the property and find tenants
- Carry out all referencing on potential tenants and send reports to Landlords to ensure they’re happy
- Facilitate the drawing up, signing and executing of all documents including the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement
- Organise all necessary certificates inc Gas Safety and EICR if applicable
- Organise cleaning
- Organise Check in and inventory
- Register and hold deposit in our DPS account
- Collect the rent on a monthly basis and send to Landlords
- Send monthly rental statements to Landlords
- Pursue any late rental payments
- Liaise with Landlord and Tenant towards the end of the contract and handle contract renewal or end of tenancy – whichever is applicable
Our fee for this service is 8% + VAT of the monthly rental and is taken on a monthly basis by way of deducting from the rent
Full property management
- All of the above mentioned in the Rent Collection Service
- Day to day maintenance of the property including attending issues out of hours, on weekends and bank holidays
- Quarterly inspections with reports sent to Landlords
- Organise check out at the end of a tenancy
- Assist with any deposit disputes at the end of the tenancy
Our fee for this service is 10% + VAT and is taken in the same way as our Rent Collection Service
Once you decide to go ahead with renting a property through Sargeants Lettings. This can be paid by credit/debit card, or directly in to our Lloyds Client Account. Please be aware that there may be a surcharge applicable if paying by credit card. Once the holding fee is paid, we will take the property off the market whilst we obtain references. If the tenancy proceeds, your deposit will be put towards your first month’s rent
MOVE IN MONIES
Prior to moving in to the property and subject to contracts and references, one month’s rent is payable in advance , together with the six week security deposit. Sargeants is a member of the Deposit Protection Service and for further information you can visit https://www.depositprotection.com/
Once the initial monies have been paid, we will require anyone over the age of 18 to complete an application form in order to commence the referencing. Assuming that the references are satisfactory we will send you the tenancy agreement to read through whilst we carry out all relevant checks on the property. Once all references are completed and satisfactory, tenancy agreements are signed and move in monies have been paid you can attend the check in and take the keys for the property.
As a tenant you will usually be responsible for utilities such as gas, electricity, water, council tax and any additional phone or broadband services you enlist. You are also responsible for keeping the property in good order and maintaining a good level of cleanliness.
WHAT REFERENCES WILL YOU NEED
From the information you supply in your application form we will take up credit searches, current/ previous Landlord references and current employment references – to pass the employment reference your contract term must be greater than the tenancy term and your salary must be at least 30x the monthly rental figure. We will also ask you to provide proof of identification and a copy of a utility bill.
Usually a Landlord will have a professional Inventory drawn up prior to a tenancy to fully list the contents and condition of the property. A professional inventory clerk will then conduct a check in when you take residency of a property ensuring you are in agreement with the stated condition of the property. At the end of the tenancy a check out report will be done against the check in which is then used to ascertain any dilapidations prior to the return of the deposit.
Need some help?
If you have any questions or queries, one of our team will be pleased to assist.
Please call on 0208 799 3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org